Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Human Rights Coalition
Pat Robertson Opens His Big Mouth About Gay Marriage
By Meghan Chavalier
May 8, 2009
Honestly, before I saw this video I thought that Pat Robertson had died many years ago. Lo and behold the old goat is still alive and kicking.
Pat Robertson is spewing off at the mouth again about gay marriage. Although I don't think he matters even one little bit, it's always a good thing when you can call him out for his hateful ways against our community.
Will there ever be a time when religion won't cross lines with the laws that govern the United States of America? Probaly not, and it's unfortunate.
But, one thing must be made abundantly clear to morons like Pat Robertson, just because you're gay doesn't mean you're a child molester, or into beastiality.
Being gay is not a lifestyle, it's our lives. We didn't choose it, it's how we were born. Get over it!
More Quotes From Pat Robertson Over The Years.
* "That guy was a homo - as sure as you're alive." (Robertson, describing a caller to his program.)
* After Ariel Sharon's severe stroke:"Ladies and Gentlemen I said last year that Israel was entering into the most dangerous periods of its entire existence as a nation. That is intensifying this year with the loss of Sharon. Sharon was personally a very likeable person and I am sad to see him in this condition, but I think we need to look at the Bible and the Book of Joel. The prophet Joel makes it very clear that God has enmity against those who 'divide my land.' God considers this land to be His. You read the Bible and He says 'this is my land' and for any Prime Minister of Israel who decides he is going to carve it up and give it away, God says 'no, this is mine.' I had a wonderful meeting with Yitzhak Rabin in 1974. He was tragically assassinated, it was a terrible thing that happened but nevertheless he was dead. And now Ariel Sharon who again was a very likeable person, a delightful person to be with, I prayed with him personally, but here he's at the point of death. He was dividing God's land and I would say woe unto any Prime Minister of Israel who takes a similar course to appease the EU, the United Nations, or the United States of America. God says 'this land belongs to me. You'd better leave it alone.'"-2006
* "The feminist agenda is not about equal rights for women. It is about a socialist, anti-family political movement that encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians." - 1992 Iowa fundraising letter opposing a state equal-rights amendment ("Equal Rights Initiative in Iowa Attacked", Washington Post, 23 August 1992)
* "If anybody understood what Hindus really believe, there would be no doubt that they have no business administering government policies in a country that favors freedom and equality."
* "If I could just get a nuclear device inside Foggy Bottom, I think that's the answer." (talking about the United States State Department)
* "If you go all the way back to the days just following creation, men lived nine hundred years or more." - Answers to 200 of Life's most Probing Questions
* "I think 'one man, one vote,' just unrestricted democracy, would not be wise. There needs to be some kind of protection for the minority which the white people represent now, a minority, and they need and have a right to demand a protection of their rights." (talking about apartheid in South Africa)
* "It is clear that God is saying, 'I gave man dominion over the earth, but he lost it. Now I desire mature sons and daughters who will in My name exercise dominion over the earth and subdue Satan, the unruly, the rebellious. Take back My world from those who would loot it and abuse it. Rule as I would rule.'"- The Secret Kingdom
* "I'm not necessarily saying it's going to be nuclear. The Lord didn't say nuclear. But I do believe it will be something like that." - Pat Robertson, speaking about an upcoming "mass killing," on The 700 Club January 2, 2007
One justice is 83 years old, another has cancer, and another has a heart condition. Would it not be possible for God to put it in the minds of these three judges that the time has come to retire?" -- Letter on the Pat Robertson website posted in 2003
* [Planned Parenthood] "is teaching kids to fornicate, teaching people to have adultery, every kind of bestiality, homosexuality, lesbianism – everything that the Bible condemns." (The 700 Club, variously dated as 9 Apr. 1991 or 14 Jan. 1991).
* Presbyterians are the spirit of the Antichrist.
* "Satan is a tool of God's love in the sense that he forces us to see God's loving patience." - Answers to 200 of Life's most Probing Questions
* "The Antichrist is probably a Jew
alive in Israel today."
* "The Islamic people, the Arabs, were the ones who captured Africans, put them in slavery, and sent them to America as slaves. Why would the people in America want to embrace the religion of slavers."
* "The media challenged me. `You're not going to bring atheists into the government? How dare you maintain that those who believe the Judeo-Christian values are better qualified to govern America than Hindus and Muslims?' My simple answer is, `Yes, they are.'" 
* "There is no such thing as separation of church and state in the Constitution. It is a lie of the Left and we are not going to take it anymore."
* "We're importing Hinduism into America. The whole thought of your karma, of meditation, of the fact that there's no end of life and there's this endless wheel of life, this is all Hinduism. Chanting too. Many of those chants are to Hindu Gods -- Vishnu, Hare Krishna. The origin of it is all demonic. We can't let that stuff come into America. We've got the best defense, if you will -- a good offense."
* "You say you're supposed to be nice
to the Episcopalians and the Presbyterians and the Methodists
and this, that, and the other thing. Nonsense, I don't have
to be nice to the spirit of the Antichrist." -- Pat Robertson,
The 700 Club, January 14, 1991